Top 20 Albums of 2008

A list of the twenty albums I listened to the most, according to last.fm:
Obviously, this list is not exclusive to albums made in 2008, though many of the higher-ranking albums were released during the past year: Robyn, Youth Novels, Volume One, We Started Nothing, Common Reaction, Santogold, and Velocifero.

Several of the other albums I have owned for years: Rid of Me, Standing in the Way of Control, Murmur, Revolver, Title TK, Rejoicing in the Hands, and Set the Woods on Fire. Why did I choose to revisit these particular albums so frequently in 2008? What thoughts do they provoke or moods do they create that made me reach for them again during the last year?

2008 was certainly my year for dance-pop, as the high placement of Robyn, Britney Spears' Blackout, and Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad suggest.

M.I.A.'s Kala and the Juno soundtrack would have had a place on the list and You Follow Me probably would have been ranked higher if last.fm could somehow track what I play on my CD player.